OFF~CAMBER 4X4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» birth of "The Beast"
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:58 pm by OffRoadney

» 1989 Cherokee
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:47 pm by OffRoadney

» Submarine Cherokee
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:46 pm by OffRoadney

» Evening fun in the mud
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:40 pm by OffRoadney

» finally jumped my bronco
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:37 pm by OffRoadney

» kia vs b2
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/23/2015, 10:31 pm by OffRoadney

» shop truck
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime6/13/2014, 2:34 am by 4x4troy

» pickettville
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime4/27/2014, 3:06 pm by 4x4troy

» our rigs
Hardrock Ocala 2-12 I_icon_minitime4/27/2014, 1:17 pm by 4x4troy

Hardrock Ocala 2-12

+6
budke
chope045
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
89WhiteXJ
MudRaider
wardo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hardrock Ocala 2-12 Empty Hardrock Ocala 2-12

Post by wardo 2/8/2012, 11:06 am

Hey guys,

I know this might be kinda short notice but I figure I'd throw it out there. This weekend (sunday specifically) I'm headed down to ocala to either go to hardrock or some place. I went a couple weekends ago with my buddy here in town and we met up with some folks who posted up on jeepforum. This weekend it doesn't look like my buddy is gonna be able to make it, but some of the folks I met up with last time are gonna be going. If anyone around here wants to ride down let me know. I'll be fueling up at the shell gas station and getting some last few supplies for the road around 8am. The shell is on Hodges and JTB. I'll be on ch 16 on the CB. Handle is Red Senator. There's also a thread on jeepforum about it too. Name there is wardo. Happy Jeepin!!

wardo

Back to top Go down

Hardrock Ocala 2-12 Empty Re: Hardrock Ocala 2-12

Post by MudRaider 2/8/2012, 3:05 pm

Four posts and already throwing out a ride. I like it. I have previous plans, but it's good to see a new person to the forum throwing it out there. Have fun and be safe!
MudRaider
MudRaider

http://photobucket.com/fastfoodvwRaidersnorkel

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/8/2012, 3:12 pm

haha thanks.

This sunday is most def going to be Hardrock. Next sunday the 19th we are gonna check out a place thats in the area which is supposed to be pretty fun too.

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by 89WhiteXJ 2/8/2012, 3:58 pm

The other place you are talking about are not a legal spots. Please try not to mention them on the forums. Hard Rock is good place.

I have edited your posts.

Last edited by 89WhiteXJ on 2/9/2012, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
89WhiteXJ
89WhiteXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/8/2012, 4:14 pm

ah, I didn't know. sorry, won't happen again.

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick@HappyTrails4x4 2/8/2012, 8:31 pm

if you go , dont forget to take pictures...everyone loves pictures!
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Hardcore member
Hardcore member

Back to top Go down

Post by MudRaider 2/8/2012, 10:32 pm

Nick@HappyTrails4x4 wrote:if you go , dont forget to take pictures...everyone loves pictures!

Lot's of pictures. Some of us are broken and only web-wheelers right now. No
MudRaider
MudRaider

http://photobucket.com/fastfoodvwRaidersnorkel

Back to top Go down

Post by chope045 2/9/2012, 1:48 pm

MudRaider wrote:
Nick@HappyTrails4x4 wrote:if you go , dont forget to take pictures...everyone loves pictures!

like me i would love to go wheeling with you guys but im still needing a motor have fun and take pics

chope045

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/9/2012, 3:53 pm

chope045 wrote:
MudRaider wrote:

like me i would love to go wheeling with you guys but im still needing a motor have fun and take pics

Sounds like a lot of folks have some work to do. Next time ya'll have an undertaking and you need another set of hands let me know. I'll be sure to take a lot of pics!

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by budke 2/9/2012, 9:02 pm

Just to entice more people into going on the ride..... I will be going.

tempting, isnt it?
budke
budke

Back to top Go down

Post by DIRTY 2/9/2012, 9:39 pm

wardo wrote:haha thanks.

This sunday is most def going to be Hardrock. Next sunday the 19th we are gonna check out a place thats in the area which is supposed to be pretty fun too.
don't talk about it, could get unwanted attention. ssshhhhhhhhh silent Wink
DIRTY
DIRTY
Vendor
Vendor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2012, 9:40 pm

89WhiteXJ wrote:The other place you are talking about are not a legal spots. Please try not to mention them on the forums. Hard Rock is good place.

I have to edited your posts.
So what places are legal and ok to talk about? My friend who's a deputy with SJSD says we shouldn't be at Flagler Estates or how about these night rides that people are going buck wild and running over trees on unauthorized property.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2012, 9:43 pm

lol!
DIRTY wrote:
wardo wrote:haha thanks.

don't talk about it, could get unwanted attention. ssshhhhhhhhh silent Wink
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick@HappyTrails4x4 2/9/2012, 9:50 pm

lets all go wheel at Imeson!

or go crawling on some cop cars... pig pig
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Hardcore member
Hardcore member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2012, 9:52 pm

Right on!

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/9/2012, 9:56 pm

I have done none of those yet lol

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by chope045 2/10/2012, 3:59 pm

i havent decided yet but im either gona go with you guys or head down to gainsville for test n tune

chope045

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/10/2012, 6:00 pm

chope045 wrote:i havent decided yet but im either gona go with you guys or head down to gainsville for test n tune

is it the test n tune for the road course or the strip?

I used to hit the road course several years ago (pre jeep) every month...

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by 89WhiteXJ 2/11/2012, 2:39 am

cbarton wrote:So what places are legal and ok to talk about? My friend who's a deputy with SJSD says we shouldn't be at Flagler Estates or how about these night rides that people are going buck wild and running over trees on unauthorized property.

To be honest not too many places. This is why most people do not give exact locations of sites. Most meet somewhere and ride there. If you know a place is not legal it should not be talked about. Site are check for when people are going to certain places and times to they can be caught.

With Flagler I have not heard of it being legal or not so I can not say too much on that. Other sites out there talk about going so Im gonna assume its ok.
As far as the night rides, I have not been and do not plan to drive so far for one. People being disrespectful and tearing shit up is not really what everyone is about but the people here are adults. We all make our own choices. If I see something illegal posted I will fix that. If you choose to go to something illegal then its ur own fault if you get in trouble. I or We are not anyones parents who can tell them to not do certain thing. Off Camber is only a local site here to bring people who off road together for rides and to lend a helping hard. If you see or question if something is legal let Troy, Chris (lock~n~low), Frank (Mudraider) or me know and we will take care of it on here.
89WhiteXJ
89WhiteXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxWranglerUnlimtd 2/11/2012, 3:12 am

On the Flagler estates comment, it definatly is NOT a illegal place to ride. We have been out there and seen police and all they do is wave n go about there business. The cop who u were speaking to has no clue. It's not private land nor is it patrolled as such.
JaxWranglerUnlimtd
JaxWranglerUnlimtd
Hardcore member
Hardcore member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick@HappyTrails4x4 2/11/2012, 3:25 am

i always say....if you want to know the law, dont ask a cop
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Nick@HappyTrails4x4
Hardcore member
Hardcore member

Back to top Go down

Post by budke 2/11/2012, 6:51 am

OK, back on topic.

Who wants to go to hardrock??
budke
budke

Back to top Go down

Post by wardo 2/11/2012, 9:57 am

lol I'm pretty sure I'm going...

wardo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/11/2012, 12:32 pm

Yeah man just cause the cops haven't enforced the issue doesn't mean it's " definitely NOT illegal" . I'm not going to stop going out there but I am going prepared with the knowledge that I could potentially get stopped. Someone owns that property and unless you have their permission they probably won't want us out there for liability reasons. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by 84runners 2/11/2012, 6:48 pm

cbarton wrote:Someone owns that property and unless you have their permission they probably won't want us out there for liability reasons. Just saying.

From a lurker..... just fyi....

Land owners are not responsible for people going on their property. I actually keep a copy of this in my rig and have used it once when I encountered an angry land owner. Not as a tool to say you have a right to be there, because you don't, but as a tool to open communication with the land owner. If they understand they can't be sued, they may be more open to keeping the land open. Once they post it with signs, it's done.

F.S.A. 375.251
§ 375.251. Limitation on liability of persons making available to public certain areas for recreational purposes without charge
(1) The purpose of this act is to encourage persons to make available to the public land, water areas and park areas for outdoor recreational purposes by limiting their liability to persons going thereon and to third persons who may be damaged by the acts or omissions of persons going thereon.
(2)(a) An owner or lessee who provides the public with a park area or other land for outdoor recreational purposes owes no duty of care to keep that park area or land safe for entry or use by others, or to give warning to persons entering or going on that park area or land of any hazardous conditions, structures, or activities thereon. An owner or lessee who provides the public with a park area or other land for outdoor recreational purposes shall not by providing that park area or land:
1. Be presumed to extend any assurance that such park area or land is safe for any purpose,
2. Incur any duty of care toward a person who goes on that park area or land, or
3. Become liable or responsible for any injury to persons or property caused by the act or omission of a person who goes on that park area or land.
(b) This section shall not apply if there is any charge made or usually made for entering or using such park area or land, or any part thereof, or if any commercial or other activity, whereby profit is derived from the patronage of the general public, is conducted on such park area or land, or any part thereof.
(3)(a) An owner of land or water area leased to the state for outdoor recreational purposes owes no duty of care to keep that land or water area safe for entry or use by others, or to give warning to persons entering or going on that land or water of any hazardous conditions, structures, or activities thereon. An owner who leases land or water area to the state for outdoor recreational purposes shall not by giving such lease:
1. Be presumed to extend any assurance that such land or water area is safe for any purpose,
2. Incur any duty of care toward a person who goes on the leased land or water area, or
3. Become liable or responsible for any injury to persons or property caused by the act or omission of a person who goes on the leased land or water area.
(b) The foregoing applies whether the person going on the leased land or water area is an invitee, licensee, trespasser, or otherwise.
(4) This act does not relieve any person of liability which would otherwise exist for deliberate, willful or malicious injury to persons or property. The provisions hereof shall not be deemed to create or increase the liability of any person.
(5) The term “outdoor recreational purposes” as used in this act shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, pleasure driving, nature study, water skiing, motorcycling, and visiting historical, archaeological, scenic, or scientific sites.
84runners
84runners

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next